Friday, August 30, 2019

Information on martial arts uniforms

When considering buying a new martial arts uniform, there is not much to consider. While I admit it is not space science, there are some things you need to think about before spending the money that costs you so much to make. I hope this article helps you save yourself from committing some or all of the mistakes I have made over the years during my martial arts training.

What is its intended use?

This may sound like a silly question at first but listen to me for a moment. It is obvious that you intend to wear your new martial arts uniform to train/train. That is a fact. But if your workout room is like mine, it is old and lacks adequate air conditioning and heating. In fact, last year we did not have air conditioning. As you may have guessed, the last thing I wanted to use in the oven was a very heavy canvas uniform. Therefore, the training environment has a lot to do with the weight of the martial arts uniform you buy.
Image result for Information on martial arts uniforms

Another thing to keep in mind with canvas uniforms is a contraction. I bought more than one canvas uniform so it shrinks so much that I could give it to my grandson (she is 7 years old). The canvas is ideal for cold weather and for competitions, but if you buy one, make sure you never put it in the dryer. You also need to make sure it is washed with cold water. If you follow these two rules, your canvas uniform must maintain its original size and last for many years.

Cotton uniforms are comfortable and generally cheaper than heavy uniforms; however, you should also be careful when throwing them in the dryer as well. Especially if they are 100% cotton. Most lightweight Tokaido uniform are made from a cotton blend today, so contraction is usually minimal. But I still made them shrink over me. As a result, I started drying all my martial arts uniforms. If the weather is bad, I'll hang them inside.
Image result for Information on martial arts uniforms

Color uniforms fade over time. I think blacks are likely to fade faster than any other color. But if you get a color uniform in anything other than cotton, you will find that fading is not a big problem. Be careful not to wash your colored uniforms with anything they can bleed on. The same goes for white uniforms; Do not wash them with anything of color.

No comments:

Post a Comment